Thursday, May 7, 2015

Friday blogaround

I was given to understand there are scritches and noms here.
A Georgia family found a coyote on their kitchen counter. (Unless it was the man of the house who is actually a secret werewolf. WHY DON'T YOU PEOPLE TAKE MY ADVICE?) Of course they took a photo of it with their smart phones. I would have. . .well, never mind what I would have been doing. It would have involved a lot of cleanup afterward.

Have you checked out Gay on a Budget? You absolutely should. Especially Jayson's latest piece, talking about the frustration (and hope) while freelancing.

Mutant Supermodel talks about motherhood, the diversity of mothers, and the stereotype of crazy moms.

Jenn wants to know why you cook from scratch. Well, I had popcorn for dinner tonight that I made on the stovetop, so I think that counts. HAHAHAHA JUST KIDDING, MOM, IF YOU'RE READING THIS I TOTALLY DIDN'T DO THAT.

Club Thrifty has advice for what to do if you're in trouble with the IRS. And it doesn't involve burning everything to the ground, assuming a new identity, and moving overseas.

Donna Freedman has an idea for a Mother's Day gift with meaning.

This week in social media trainwrecks, we have a wedding photographer who called a client ugly on his Facebook page. In retaliation for her complaint that he was late. Because there's nothing that shows your professionalism like insulting your clients publicly and calling them ugly, and then telling people who criticize you for it that they should go back into their trailers. I don't care how stressful the gig was, shut your mouth. I've had people scream and curse at me on the phone, but I doubt anyone would give me a pass for going off on them on social media.

Have a great weekend, everybody!


1 comment: