Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Sewing misadventures

I'm working on an apron from my sewing class.  I have to get the ruffle attached and spaced properly, and then I can sew it.  The problem is, it all looks even when I start but then I end up with lots of ruffle in some places and none in the other.

I got another apron sewing pattern to try on my own.  This one looks relatively simple.  I figure for confidence's sake, it may be good for me.

There are a bunch of thing I'd like to make.  But I have to get this done.

Other than the sewing frustration, I read.  I had a weird moment where I realized the book--written by an author I love--was falling flat for me.

How was your weekend?

4 comments:

  1. A tip for ruffles. After doing the running stiches and before gathering, find the centre of the ruffle and the centre of the apron and pin upwards/downwards instead of sidewards. Then do the same for quarters etc. Now pull up the running stitches to gather, you now have smaller sections to even up the ruffles.
    I my tip was understandable.
    Good luck Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. The pattern should have had the markings on it to make the ruffles come out even, like Carol said. if you do the marking while you are cutting it out, you don't have to find the center, quarter and eighths later. Cut, mark, sew running stitches, pin, gather, sew.

      Did you read the directions? LOL I don't mean to insult you.

      Delete
    2. Hey, PP. The pattern doesn't have the ruffle included--it's something we added on in class.

      Delete