Tuesday, July 30, 2013

I have been AWOL, I cop to it

I have had good reason, though, as work has been crazy busy and I've been very preoccupied with my house search.  There is some good news on that front--I may have found a house.  The inspection is on Friday, but I don't want to assume it's a done deal yet.  I put an offer on a house a couple of months ago and then the inspection showed it needed $15,000 worth of work right off that bat (the siding was compromised and old and the deck was unsafe).  This house doesn't have much storage and it's not near anything glamorous (in fact, near utility lines, but that doesn't bother me) but it's been extensively renovated--and the owners got all of the permits to do it.  New roof, new siding, new windows, new floors, new (small) kitchen, and new bathrooms.  All professionally done by the looks of it.  If there's one thing I hate, it's a bad DIY job. 

So. . .it's a short post, today, after two weeks of basically nothing.  But I will be back to regular posting soon. 

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the house! Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete