Friday, April 5, 2013

Friday blogaround

Taken from LOLCats.
One of my friends started her own blog, called Family Fandango.  Check it out, she's very cool and a great writer.  Her toads are as debauched as my squirrels.

Get Rich Slowly wants to know if you save more or less than your parents.  I save less (though I do try to save a lot, it doesn't touch what they are able to do)--my parents are frugal Jedis.  Heck, I'm going to suggest they start a blog called that.

A Homesteading Neophyte is getting weary of pop-culture homesteading.  I get where she's coming from, as I tend to get surly when it comes to pop-culture frugalistas or "minimalists" like Graham Hill (protip: if you're buying a 300-square foot co-op for $280K to "camp out in" while you have a 400+ square foot coop you purchased for $285K tricked out with multi-use, collapsible furniture that costs thousands, and movable walls and technology that costs thousands, you aren't actually saving money).

Asparagus does not travel well.  If you want to enjoy this taste of spring in other seasons, Lili shows you how to freeze it.

Carol is now officially debt free.  Hooray!

Happy blogiversary, Justin!

Have a great weekend, everybody!  I am going to learn to make cheese.  What are your plans?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention! The death toll is rising, "Goldie" is the latest victim:
    http://www.facebook.com/familyfandango/posts/156904851142278

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that it's annoying when people act frugal but aren't really following what they're saying.
    Thanks for mentioning my 6 month blogiversay Pamela and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete