Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The rich really are different

. . .and some are, I suspect, a bit daft. 

Who else would seriously consider buying a t-shirt for $91,500? I mean, there are obviously smart rich people there, but there are enough dolts with money that Hermes thought they could actually offer a t-shirt for $91,500.   

With a straight face.

The rationale is that it's made by  Hermès , and it's made from crocodile.  To which I say, I can buy a nice, washable cotton T-shirt for under $10.  It's a T-shirt.  Also, I don't care if it's made by  Hermès , it's ugly. There is some dude in a muscle car who wants to know what happened to his interior upholstery.

If that is too much money for you, go the discount route and buy a cheaper version by Hermès for $60,000.  

It makes paying $50 for a t-shirt seem downright frugal.   

Some folks are calling the material innovative.  The only innovative thing I see here is the lengths people will go to convince you that spending that much on anything that you'll deposit pit stains on is a good idea.  

Don't buy this shirt. See? You've just saved $91,500.  YOU'RE WELCOME. 


11 comments:

  1. I would never pay that much for anything except for a house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! My lord, three of those shirts would get me a house free and clear!

      Delete
  2. I would hope that it's also bullet-proof and can turn into a tent complete with camp stove.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For $91,500, that thing had better give me massages, clean my house, run my errands, repel criminals, enable me to fly and to be invisible, and balance my checkbook.

      Delete
  3. I can`t understand that some people might actually be so stupid with their money that they buy so expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a $5M gold toilet I wrote about a while back. When you think about what you do in a toilet, well. . .

      Delete
  4. That shirt costs more than my house! Seriously a horrible idea. What if it rips, you gain/lose weight etc... cloths don't last forever, well they can last a while. However, I suspect that someone who spends that much on a shirt wouldn't keep clothing for too long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What about the poor crocodile? I bet he didn't get a cut out the 91,500.
    I don't mind wearing leather(for instance shoes) because the cow meat is eaten but I do object to anilmals being killed just for fashion.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you have that kind of money to burn, why not give it to a food pantry or a homeless shelter?

    ReplyDelete
  7. A shirt that costs as much as a house.....hmmmmm, such a hard choice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is ridiculous. 91K could pay off a lot of debt. Or feed a village. I would never, ever spend that on a tshirt even if I were a billionaire.

    ReplyDelete