Monday, March 11, 2013

It's been quite a week

I'll fill you in later this week, but it's been a bit of a roller coaster for the past few days. 

Actually, it's been a bit of a roller coaster the past couple of weeks.  But I know the ride will end one way or the other, so I'm not too worried.

I read a bunch of books and have many things to say about them. (I have many things to say about everything.)  I was doing more than my share of facepalming, that's for sure.

  I am also planning my garden--here's what I'm thinking:

Tomatoes
Garlic (already planted)
Shallots (already planted)
Chard
Collards
Spinach
Kale
Butternut squash
Radishes
Carrots
Melons
Beans
Peas
Cucumbers
Eggplant
Peppers (sweet and hot)
Herbs (the usual suspects)

Anyone have other suggestions? The friend I share the plot with will certainly have things she wants to plant.  I'm also thinking this planting style may suit me well, though I don't think E (my friend) will go for it.

5 comments:

  1. Have you ever grown turnips or beets? I like both of those because I can use the roots and the greens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I've grown beets (we'll probably grow those as well this year). Love those! Haven't grown turnips yet but I do use the greens as well as the roots when I get them.

      Delete
  2. Ooo, looking good! I have some chillis planted so far inside, but nothing planted in my containers outside yet as it's still absolutely freezing! It snowed all day today! Bit strange for March really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, once on April Fool's Day here we had a huge snowstorm. The fir trees in my parents' front yard were down from the weight of the snow and all the wind. It got really warm and slushy the next day. Spring is a weird time of year.

      Delete