Friday, February 22, 2013

Around the internet--the upcycling edition





  


Ingrid Vaca Diez does the ultimate in upcycling--she builds homes for the poor from recycled plastic bottles and other gleaned materials.  You can see a short video about it above; the link has a story and a longer video (about 25 minutes).  I am so not worthy.

Are you handy? Then you can make outdoor dining furniture from old pallets.

Here are 17 other ways you can re-purpose wood pallets

Check out 10 Easy Upcycled Craft Projects over at Country Living.

30 Ways to Re-purpose and Reuse Old Stuff.  Some of this is a little out there for me (and I do not have an old piano), but it's interesting to see how people can and do reuse things.

If you are all thumbs like me, fear not! You can still re-purpose things like soup cans, egg cartons, and other everyday household items in no time.

1 comment:

  1. They were interesting links. I love the ideas of upcycling and repurposing but some of those were definately well out of my league.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete