Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!


Well, 2012 is over. It was a good year .  I moved, went through seven shades of holy heck in my closing but have enjoyed living closer to the ocean.

I am trying to get my sewing skills up to par and I will continue with that this year.  Otherwise, I will keep my resolutions to things I know I will succeed at: sleep in on the weekends, hang out in my pajamas, drink lots of caffeine.  You get the drift.

Maybe it's my age and the age of my cohorts, but a lot of us were not really raring to go out and hit the party circuit on New Year's.  For whatever reason, it often is the one night where I'd rather stay in. However, I did go out last night, as my friends had a party and I hadn't seen them in several months.  It was a lot of fun, and it was good to see everyone.  There were some folks whom I haven't seen in (it seems) a dog's age.

Now that the long, cold months of January and February are upon us, I have to think about having a party to liven things up.  That's when I want to socialize, when there is no pressure.  Maybe I will have a "come in your sweat pants and fuzzy slippers" party or a "wear a funny hat party".  Or I'll have "bad seventies horror movie" day with showings of gems like Night of the Lepus.

I hope you are all doing well and that you had a safe but wildly exciting (or wonderfully lazy) New Year's Eve, and that your 2013 is filled with good things.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like some achievable and lovely resolutions!! I love PJ days! :)

    Even my party-hard sister doesn't like town on NYE anymore, so as the older, more boring one, I definitely don't!! We all went to Truro (the only "city" in Cornwall - very small town but it has a cathedral which makes it a city) to see the fireworks.

    ReplyDelete