Friday, January 18, 2013

Friday blogaround

It's bigfoot! No, probably just a raccoon.
It snowed last night.  Not a lot, but enough for me to have to shovel the driveway and clear off my car.  I saw some tracks in the yard and the driveway and took a picture of one.  I think they may be raccoon tracks.

So, what's been happening around the internet?

Well, the CDC has some advice to keep from contracting or spreading the flu.  Let's follow this advice!

Bryallen has some advice on how to save. 

Judy makes a good point that if you don't use something, getting it just because it's free is still a waste.

You, too can make homemade pickled cabbage

Mother Connie is back posting--yay! She wants to know what you bring to potlucks.

Nicoleandmaggie list their favorite cookbooks.

Greg over at Club Thrifty talks about what he would have done differently in college when it came to his financial life.  Ha! Join the club! Well, what's the saying, Greg? Ah, youth, it's wasted on the young. . .

The Frugal Path talks about the pros and cons of living with your extended family.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

5 comments:

  1. The snow must be beautiful! Hope you can enjoy it this weekend.

    Thanks for the reading material!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the love, Pamela! I just shot you an email...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I read that college costs post earlier in the week! Still, it's the only time in life that you'll be so free of responsibilities, so even if he had the time again he may well make similar mistakes!

    It snowed here too today!! (Big deal for me since we hardly usually get any!) LOVE IT! :)

    Also, thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want snow. I live in a snow belt and so far this winter we've had next to nothing. It may change as the temperatures take a dive and we get some lake effect. But I'm never happy--on a normal snowy winter, I start grousing about it in February ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've had one good snow this year, and I'll be happy if that's all we get. I'm not one for snow, I'd rather it be 50-70 degrees all year long.
    Thanks for the mention and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete