Monday, December 31, 2012

Good cheer and Pez

Apparently, Santa reads this blog as he knew to get me Pez.  That sly little elf came in while my parents were visiting on Christmas Eve and left it under my pillow.  He is also, apparently, hanging out with the tooth fairy.

I had a great Christmas--my parents came over on Christmas Eve.  We did a total potluck.  I made the sides (salad and roasted vegetables with shallots), my father brought venison steaks that he marinated, and my mother brought pie (which was also my breakfast because HOW CAN YOU NOT EAT PIE FOR BREAKFAST).

We all converged on my sister's house on Christmas Day and I gave my niece and nephew coal.  Well, it was chocolate covered peppermint crunchy candies, but it was called coal.  Maybe I'm encouraging them to be naughty. 

This weekend, I saw my friends and their adorable toddler, my sister and her family came down to visit for breakfast (and learned first-hand the joys of the beach during December), and I apparently brought snowy weather with me down to the Cape, as it snowed on Saturday night.  I woke up to see snow.  I had to shovel.  This is rather unusual for the Cape, as it tends to turn to rain. However, as I was shoveling and contemplating tackling the large frozen solid chunks of show and slush the municipal plow threw up at the end of my driveway, a landscaping plow drove by.  It stopped, and the guys inside offered to clear the bottom part of the driveway.  They wouldn't take any money.  Now that made my day!

6 comments:

  1. Aww, that sounds lovely. :) Hey, you'd better be extra good next year if Santa reads your blog!! :D

    Happy new year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know that "Santa" reads my blog, lol, so I've gotta be on my best behavior. ;)

      Delete
  2. How sweet of your parents to leave you goodies like the tooth fairy. lol...And I always ask, why not pie for breakfast? when we have pie in the house. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pie makes life worth living, I say. Hope you had a great Christmas and New Year!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you've had a wonderful time.
    Happy new year
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did--how was your Christmas and New Year?

      Delete