Friday, November 16, 2012

Around the interwebs--the eclectic edition.

You can donate to Hurricane Sandy relief efforts at the Red CrossTreeHugger had a post up about where to give and how to volunteer/help. 


Did you know that the Wampanoag Nation actually has several thanksgivings throughout the year? Yes. Yes they do.  Thanksgiving was perhaps a first-time thing for the Puritans who came over here, but it was a well-established thing with the Wampanaoags. 

Belinda's chickens produced the first egg today.

Make Argentine Chimichurri sauce on the cheap. Apparently, it goes with just about anything, including a humble baked potato.  I'll be tucking into Thanksgiving leftovers next weekend, so I will give this a try.

The Wall Street Journal Talks about the new rules of flirting.  One woman got into hot water when she "flirted" (actually, engaged in ribald conversation) with a guy at a work event--his wife was none too pleased.  Maybe dial that back at work.  I think a good overall rule is to be friendly to everyone and interested in what they have to say. I do think that flirting with your spouse/significant other is a good thing.  That's when you should really amp up the wooing, during the time that people take each other for granted.  Flirt! Tell them they are hotties.  My parents still flirt with each other.

In the same neighborhood, 16 Ways I Blew My Marriage.  I think this applies to both genders.  Though since I'm not married or in a committed relationship, maybe I should shut up.



1 comment: