Thursday, November 29, 2012

A sinful treat

I hosted a friend of mine for dinner before I moved.  She brought the ingredients for dessert and I have to tell you, this was heavenly! Or kind of sinful.  Either way, it was good.

Everything in this pretty much goes by threes:

3 Bosc pears
1/3 of a cup of apple juice
3 tablespoons of dark brown sugar
3 tablespoons of butter

Slice the pears in half and core them.  Bake them in a 400 degree oven.  While they bake, whisk brown sugar in the apple juice over medium high heat until the sugar dissolves.  Add the butter and whisk that in.  Pour sauce over the pears and bake for 35 minutes.

Serve pears on vanilla ice cream, with the extra sauce poured over it.  Delicious!

3 comments:

  1. That sounds yummy. I have about a dozen russet pears left from our trees this fall that would work well in that recipe. I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete