Monday, October 15, 2012

Stuffed acorn squash

I made this a couple of weeks ago--I've been getting acorn, delicata, butternut, and kabocha squash through my CSA and wanted to serve it up in a new way.  I thought I would stuff it.

I used the sausage that my friend Dan gave me from his meat CSA--I removed the casings and cooked it over medium-high heat in a skillet with a little olive oil, and placed it on a plate with a couple of paper towels.  I cut the tops off of acorn squash and a kabocha squash, scooped out the seeds and a little flesh, and sprinkled a little kosher salt and some pepper into the cavities.  I stuffed each one with the ground pork and the extracted flesh, covered it with the top part of the squash I had cut off, added some spinach, and roasted it at  350 degrees for about an hour.

This was very, very filling and as you can see, left me a good amount of leftovers.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds delicious! The sausage probably infused a really savory flavor to the squash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious!!! I love squash but I always kind've forget about it.

    ReplyDelete