Friday, October 12, 2012

And now for our regularly scheduled Friday blogaround. . .

Let's get to it.

Katy indulged in five frugal activities.

The upside to running low.

A French pastry chef came to Mother Connie's house to teach a cooking class.

The insidious scourge of lifestyle inflation.  Just because you're making more money doesn't mean you have to spend it.

Telemarketers ignore do not call lists.  Shocking, I know.  You can file a complaint here. I'm getting long, tedious recorded messages on my home voice mail from one local business, and they called our general number at work yesterday.  Guess who I'll never do business with? Yep.

10 tips to afford almost anything you want or to reach your financial goals.

The true cost of commuting.  Food for thought--though my job situation changed three times over the past five years, and I think moving each time would have been foolish, it's good to keep in mind how much a long commute--especially by car--can take from you.  (Which is why I'll be moving in a few weeks.)

Have a great weekend everybody!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pamela,
    thank you for linking to my blog.

    That telemarketer problem is getting out of hand again. It's so annoying to rush to the phone, thinking it's someone I actually would like to talk with, only to have it be some business that I will never patronize (especially now that they've annoyed me at home).

    ReplyDelete