Friday, August 24, 2012

Friday Links-the weird news edition.

I took this at the beach--has nothing to do with the post.
Don't hoard bees.  That's actually cruel to the insects.  It's like hoarding pets--they do not benefit from this.

Sometimes, DIY is a bad idea.

This guy apparently saw the remake of The Day the Earth Stood Still.

Feeding candy to cows.  Yes, I know, there was an expert claiming it was fine.  Still, it grosses me out.

A Scottish farmer developed this super-sweet broccoli that Tesco's (a grocery store in the UK that I still miss terribly) has started selling.  Parents have high hopes that their kids will eat it.  You know, my niece liked regular broccoli when she was a toddler.  I sometimes think we don't give kids nearly enough credit.  Though we could also always feed it to cows. Ahem.

I had no idea that Shia LeBeof raised chickens.  Or that he did, before a coyote ate them.

If you are arrested for a crime--especially a crime you know you are guilty of committing--just spend the money and get a good defense attorney.  Don't do what this jamoke did.  While we're at it, if you're going to steal stuff, steal big.  You'll be way cooler in prison for trying to knock over an armored truck than if you're in the clink for stealing a crappy coffee pot and other items from a Holiday Inn room.

Um. I cannot even.

OK, everybody.  Enjoy the odd news parade and have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Grr, I think Blogger ate my comment!

    Anyway, I basically said that it's crazy how that bee situation got so out of hand, considering that bloke's supposed to be a "beekeeper" back in China. How do you go from one hive to three million poorly bees?!

    Also, whyyyy are people feeding sweets to cattle?! It's obviously not part of their natural diet, despite how it balances out. Just because they CAN eat it, doesn't mean they should! Still, I think some of the cattle round here get fed stranger foods than that - they sure smell weird sometimes!

    Whoooo, Tesco is the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what's up with the comments on Blogspot--I've run into issues on other blogs as well. BAH.

      I miss Tesco's and Marks and Spencer (Marks & Sparks). Those stores were awesome.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the links! I kind of like the new version of the painting. Looks more like a regular, chubby guy.

    ReplyDelete