Friday, August 10, 2012

All around the internets I find eclectic links

If you can catch this documentary, it's well worth your time: The Secret History of the Credit Card.  It was featured on Frontline on PBS several years ago.  If anyone has trouble with getting into debt, this may induce you to never use the things again.

Len Penzo has his annual breakdown of the least expensive sandwiches for people who brown-bag it.  Though I'll note that even the most expensive sandwich to make is less than lunch out.

Mother Connie has her own recipe for stuffed tomatoes.  I need to try this, as I've got plenty of corn and tomatoes now!

Bruschetta, a heavenly treat!

Frugal millionaires and billionaires.  Do you think you would buy a huge home and lots of bling if you were ultra wealthy?

15 Frugal, Single-Serving Freezer Meals.  Note: many are not vegetarian.

File this under ZOMG NO KIDDING: Unemployment takes a tough mental toll.

Have a good weekend, everybody!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Pamela! I saw Len's 6th annual sandwich breakdown. It's one of my favorite annual posts of his. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reading material!

    TGIF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sandwich post was pretty interesting, although to be honest I thought they'd be cheaper than that. I can't be dealing with the value bread though, that stuff goes hard after one day and mouldy after two!!

    I've heard that a lot of millionaires stick to a (relatively) tight budget so that most of their money is reinvested into working harder for them in the future. Sounds like we could learn from them, even on low incomes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the sandwich breakdown post! I haven't seen that before and it's helpful, especially with a new school year looming. Glad to see our not-so-exciting but easy-peasy PB&J had such a good ranking!

    ReplyDelete