Wednesday, July 11, 2012

CSA Breakfast


This would also make for a good light lunch or supper.  My CSA is supplying me with so many vegetables that I've had to be a bit creative.  I thought this would be a good thing to do.  It came out pretty well, though I think next time I'll go easy on the onion.  Onion is not the thing I want to eat first thing in the morning!

Basically, I sauteed some spring onion bottoms in olive oil.  Once they were translucent, I added the spinach (that I chopped) to the pan, as well as the chopped spring onion tops.  And I cracked a few eggs over them.  I think with the amount of spinach I used I could have gotten away with cracking four eggs over this and serving four people, but since it was for me, well. . .I limited it to two.

Once the eggs were cooked on the spinach, I transferred everything to a plate and ate it.  Not a bad breakfast.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Pamela,
    Looks really good! I think spinach and eggs go together so well. When I have fresh spinach from the garden I like to add some to scrambled eggs. (I will definitely eggs my green eggs and ham!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good, Pam. :) I like to take onions and green peppers and saute them and add them to scrambled eggs. It is a good way to get your vegetables in earlier in the daytime, which makes it easier to meet your daily quote. Glad you are enjoying your CSA. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmm....Looks very tasty! I do a variation of this with collard greens (canned variety) and peppers. Enjoy your CSA freshness!

    ReplyDelete