Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Squid is a chewy delicious treat.


Oh, stop.  It is delicious.

I didn't make this, one of my friends made this.  He made this somewhat impromptu and it was heavenly.  My friends pretty much know that the way to my heart is through my stomach, and that I love it when they cook for me.  When we first met he didn't cook at all and now he's really into it, and he's pretty adventurous. He's been cooking for people a lot and they're all enjoying his passion for food.

He makes his food quite spicy; however it doesn't overwhelm the food.  He will cook frozen vegetables, meat, fish, or beans and cumin, cayenne pepper, chili powder, garlic and ginger (lots of garlic and ginger), a dash of lemon juice and some chopped tomatoes.  And plain yogurt on the side in case you're wimpy like me and need a little something to cut down on the spice.  And he makes basmati rice--plain or cooked with stock, sometimes with shredded carrot and a cup of chickpeas thrown in.

This was fantastic.  I love squid anyway--fried with hot peppers, pan seared with soy sauce, as sashimi (oh, it's actually lovely that way) in noodle soups, you name it.  It's a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment