Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Liebster Blog Award


Bryallen at The Frugal Graduate nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award.  Thank you so much, Bryallen!  If you don't read The Frugal Graduate, you definitely should.  She's a fun and upbeat problem-solver, she's smart and she has a lot of common sense.  She's also great at making gifts.

The Liebster Blog Award is a great way to get traffic to blogs you like but that aren't widely known.  The rules are simple:

  • Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them.
  • List your top five picks (who have less than 200 followers) and link to them, telling a bit about each one.  Leave a comment on their blogs to let them know you've nominated them.
  • Copy and paste the award on your blog.
  • Have faith that your followers will do the same to other bloggers.
  • Have fun!

It was quite difficult for me to pick only five.  Bryallen made it a bit easier by picking Judy, so she's already got a nomination.  (Look.  Anyone who puts an Avenue Q song in their blog is cool people in my estimation.)

So, I'm narrowing it down to food and/or money blogs.  Here are my picks:

I am the Working Poor.  I've linked to her before, granted, but she's a wonderful, family oriented person.  She's a hard worker and has a lot of intriguing ideas and posts.

World of Okonomy.  I actually know Steve in real life.  He's an excellent cook and photographer, and showcase both well on his blog.  He also has a great back story for each dish he talks about on his blog--and it's lovely to read about a lovely day out with his friends, or the latest movie he has seen, etc. as well as his culinary adventures.

Frugal Workshop.  Belinda is a practical, fun blogger who has a lot of great tips for leftovers and reusing things.

Miss Piggy Bank.  She's striving to save money and reduce debt in her everyday life.  Reading her blog is really comforting; you realize that you can get ahead and not just subsist on dollar store ramen noodles to do so.  Also, she put the idea in my head to try Nutella spread on pancakes.  Guess what I'm going to try this weekend?

Laurie over at Food is Beautiful.  I know her in real life as well--we're acquainted through the CSA we both belong to.  She posts about once a week, and she makes beautiful gourmet dishes from very simple ingredients.  I could have eaten a 16-course meal, and I'd still be hungry after reading posts like this one.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the nomination, Pam! This is so sweet of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Belinda, I really enjoy your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete