Friday, December 16, 2011

Friday Blog Around

Donna talks about the pros and cons of giving gift cards.  Some people really hate the idea of gift cards, saying they're impersonal.  Me, I disagree.  First of all, I don't exchange gifts with many people, so the idea that many people should be sweating what my heart's desire is makes me laugh and cringe at the same time.  Second, a gift card forces me to spend the money on myself, and allows me to pick something I want.  It feels luxurious--like I'm splurging.  And I am.  Also, my parents have requested restaurant gift cards because they do find them very useful and they really enjoy going out to eat.  I'm happy to oblige.  Keep in mind, however, if you give them or ask for them, that there are risks associated with them.

Nicoleandmaggie talk about their favorite Christmas books.  They include Hogfather by Terry Pratchett, which was a fantastic book.  One of them recently had a scare (thankfully all is well), so please go give your best wishes.

Jenn hosted a cookie swap and posted some videos on cookie recipes.  I went to a cookie swap earlier this week and made butter cookies.  It was my first time to make butter cookies.  The cookies were. . .well, it was my first time, as I said.

MMMMMM . . .kumquat marmalade.

Bryallen shares her tips for keeping your hands warm and dry in the snow.

Many people will be celebrating Christmas soon.  Christmas is now thought of as a time for family and togetherness.  Judy shows how important family is, and how family members are sometimes people who join you, not just those who are born to you.

I am the working poor is back! Hooray! 

These look delcious.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

2 comments:

  1. I love Judy's blog. She keeps family first no matter what! I like getting gift cards for the same reason as you - my only chance to get a new item of clothing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was tickled to see the Working Poor was back too! YAY!

    ReplyDelete