Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Salmon with watermelon radish

I enjoyed my CSA take last week.  I got brussel sprouts (which come on a large stalk; who knew?), yams, potatoes, watermelon radish, kale, mesculun mix, garlic, butternut squash, scallions, lettuce and those infamous ears of popcorn.  It was the last share of the season for the summer share, but I had also bought a winter share, so I'll be rolling in winter greens and squashes.


I made a very substantial lunch on Saturday--I took a small salmon fillet from the deep freeze pan seared it with some salt and pepper, and topped it with chopped, sauteed watermelon radish, and had roasted brussel sprouts and a yam on the side.


First, I chopped up the watermelon radish, the scallions, and a couple of cloves or garlic.



Then I sauteed the garlic, then the watermelon radish, in some olive oil, and after a couple of minutes, added a splash of soy sauce and lemon juice.

While I was doing this, I cheated and cooked the yam for a minute in the microwave, before adding it to the baking dish with the brussel sprouts, which I had drizzled with olive oil and added a couple of slices of frozen lemon to (just for a little extra punch).  I put those into a 350 degree oven.


Once the radish was done, I put it on a plate and seared the salmon in olive oil, first coating it with a lot of salt and pepper and a smattering of ginger.  When I was done, I put it on a plate, covered it with the radish, and added the chopped scallions for the garnish.


Behold, my delicious meal!  The fish is in there, I swear.

No comments:

Post a Comment