Friday, August 5, 2011

Friday Blog Around

Len Penzo did his third annual Brown Bag Survey of the Ten Most Economical Sandwiches.  For the third year in a row, salami won.  I'm more of a tuna or smoked ham girl, myself, if I even make a sandwich.  (In the summer, I'm more of a tomato, basil, and mozzarella girl.)

Linda at a Windy City Gal's Weblog has a tutorial on turning your vegetables into delicious refrigerator pickles.

I saw this post about April's beautiful and abundant garden over at the Urban Homestead Diaries, and I was terribly envious.  And hungry.

Getting a lot of zucchini from your CSA, your friends and family with a garden, or your own garden?  Never fear.  AllRecipes.com has a ton of recipes--from the old standby zucchini bread to zucchini Provencal to zucchini quiche to zucchini cookies--that can use the now ubiquitous vegetable.

Check out Frugal Workshop--I recently discovered it after Belinda commented on one of my posts.  She's been very productive in the kitchen, and I'm having an I'm-not-worthy moment!

2 comments:

  1. Good article by Len Penzo, I like reading his articles. :)

    Thank you for the link to my site. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Belinda, I enjoy your blog a lot!

    ReplyDelete