Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mmmm. . .the smell of hummus in the morning

Ball Complete Book of Home PreservingHa! NO. I did not eat hummus for breakfast. But we have a thing today with our coworkers, and we all said we'd bring something in. So I made hummus (I soak and cook dried beans and then pressure can them, so I have a bunch of garbanzos on hand). It was really easy--just a pint of the beans, a little lemon juice, some tahini, garlic, a little salt and pepper, and I added a dash of paprika for a new taste.

I also made a tapenade using some leftover green olives and pimentos and some capers I had left over from a fish dish I made this past weekend. I added some oregano for taste. 

Those things and some crackers should add some tasty snack happiness to the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment